What are Web Services?
- Web Service is an application that is designed to interact directly with other applications over the internet.
- Web Services are means for interacting with objects over the Internet
- They are pieces of business logic that can be accessed over the Internet.
Web Service is
- Protocol Independent
- Platform Independent
- Language Independent
- It assumes a stateless service architecture.
- Clients of web services do NOT need to know how it is implemented.
How Web Service comes into existence?
- Initially Object – Oriented Languagecomes which allow us to interact with two object within same application.
- Than comes Component Object Model (COM) which allows to interact two objects on the same computer, but in different applications.
- Than comes Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) which allows to interact two objects on different computers, but within same local network.
- And finally the Web Services, which allows two object to…
View original post 1,249 more words